If you are thinking of buying a condo in Tulum, it is important that you analyze several aspects to choose the best option. Choosing the right property is not just a matter of price; there are small details that can make a big difference in the level of profitability of your investment. Keep reading to learn the 9 things that your new condo in Tulum must have.
It is not surprising that you have chosen Tulum as your investment destination. It is one of the best cities to live in Mexico and is on the mind of many investors who are aware of the urban and tourism potential of this paradise in the Riviera Maya. In the best 7 things to do and see in Tulum we tell you about all the activities that end up making tourists and investors fall in love with this town.
Investing in an apartment in Tulum is always a good idea, because you can get the return on investment in one of the following ways:
- If you are buying a property to use it as your home, it will appreciate, and you can later sell it at a higher price.
- You can rent your apartment to tourists throughout the year, earning the price of the monthly rent and thus recovering your initial investment.
9 things that your condo in Tulum must have
1. Good thermal and sound insulation
It is important that your condo in Tulum has a good insulation system that allows you to eliminate external noise and outside heat or humidity. In addition, the great benefit would be the alignment of the building in relation to the sun, so that it does not point directly to the windows. This will also let you take advantage of the best sunrises or sunsets in Tulum.
2. Location in a quiet residential area
The ideal apartment should be located in a quiet and conflict-free residential area. In addition, one of the advantages of investing in real estate in Tulum is that most developments seek to implement a balance with nature. Therefore, you will find many developments with green areas that respect and preserve the local fauna and flora. The best locations to live in Tulum are:
- Region 15: developing area of luxurious condominiums, very close to the center of Tulum, easy access to the beach via Kukulcan Avenue, quiet environment surrounded by lots of nature.
- Center of Tulum: affordable prices, central location, presence of restaurants, supermarkets, shops and nightlife.
- Aldea Zamá: developed residential area, more expensive but very close to the main attractions of the city.
- Caleta Tankah: ideal for vacation properties, as it is located a little further from the center of Tulum. Exclusive area with very friendly beaches, ideal for families.
3. Sustainable techniques
Some real estate developments in Tulum seek to implement the latest practices of sustainable development, in an attempt to make sustainability a key characteristic of the real estate of the town. Considering the aforementioned, you should look for condos in Tulum that have:
- Water purification system
- Residual water treatment plant
- Solar energy system
- Waste sorting and recycling area
- Eco-mobility options for the efficient movement of residents
4. Proximity to restaurants and bars
It is very easy to find real estate in Tulum that combines the location in a quiet residential area with the proximity to the best bars and restaurants in the city. This way you can enjoy the proximity of the nightlife of this town while living in the calm and green residential area.
5. Proximity to the beach
Investing in Tulum’s real estate implies being close to the best beaches in the Mexican Caribbean. Therefor we suggest that you look for a property that is close to the beach or is at least a short bike ride away.
6. Exceptional amenities
If you are looking to give your property an extra value that will let it appreciate over time, it is best that you go one step further and look for exclusive amenities. An excellent example can be a rooftop infinity pool, well equipped gym, a comfortable lounge area or a spacious co-working space.
This way you can rent your apartment at a higher price or sell it, taking advantage of the capital gain. On the contrary, if you are planning to live in your condo in Tulum, you would have access to these amenities.
7. Security systems
Safety is the key when it comes to buying your property in Tulum. Although Tulum is a fairly safe town, investing in security never hurts and can get you out of several troubles. When choosing a property to buy in Tulum make sure it has a security system 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Furthermore, having a concierge benefits both owners and customers, as it can help residents and tenants alike with ordering a taxi, locating restaurants or tourist attractions, and even understanding a little more about the local culture.
Now that you know what you should take into account when buying a condo in Tulum, your next step is to find the best offer for presale condos in Tulum and get an opportunity to make your money profitable like never before. Our best recommendation is to consult with a real estate developer or a real estate agent that is capable of answering all your questions and who will give you the peace of mind and the support you need.